2013 Secret Santa received thread!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a gift from my Secret Santa!  Am I the first one?  I searched for a thread, but couldn't find it so my apologies and Mods please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm so excited!  I haven't opened the box and I know who it's from, but for now I'm keeping my Santa's identity a secret.  My only hint is that my first "boyfriend" (when I was about four years old) is from the same location as my Santa and it's not the North Pole.  I have threatened DH (he lost my camera) and hope to be able to post pictures when I open the box.  For now, I will savor it.  Maybe even shake it, but not too much.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear Santa!   You've made a cold miserable evening pleasant.  As often with Secret Santa gifts, this one couldn't have come at a better time.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  Yes you are the first!!  Now I REALLY want to get my tree out and up!!

Your a light-sider aren't you?  Or can we bribe convince you to open early??  
  <-- those always work for me.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I am the most dark-sided creature in the world, next to Daisy.  I keep looking longingly at the box, but DH still hasn't found my camera!  So, I am waiting patiently on the camera before opening.  But I would be happy to take a bribe.  Me and Daisy are the bribe-taking types, too.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's looked everywhere and it's no where to be found.  He's buying me a new camera (I told him just a cheap one would be fine).  I hope to take advantage of the online black Friday sales today, after I return from shopping.  Some of the prices are outrageous, but amazon has some pretty good buys.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not participating this year, but I gotta be in the chorus. :clap:

OPEN!

OPEN!!

OPEN!!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it spoil the surprise to say that my Santee is a light-sider? So I haven't sent mine yet... don't want to totally torture my recipient! I will definitely be sending it about 2-2.5 weeks before Christmas though... don't want to make it TOO easy to wait!

As for me, this is my first year of SS so I am not sure if I will be a dark-sider or light-sider. I am leaning towards light-sider because I LOVE surprises and love to draw them out as long as possible :) We'll see if I can resist!

nurseangel, find that camera ASAP!!!! We want to see!!!!!!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some things; drawing it out is fine for me.  But I like to take lots of pictures and things so for SS, the dark side is for me!  Years ago when I'd come home from work all exhausted and spent and find that package on on the step....I had to open it! 

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine has arrived!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:blobturq::blobyello:blobpink:

I came home the day before yesterday to a box with a cat on top of it (she would have liked to sit inside th box, but as it was closed, sitting on top of it was second best), and I love it! :clap:

Inside the box was this beautiful box, which I opened, just to see if things in there were wrapped....if they were wrapped, I would have had to decide sides, dark or light, but the presents were there, staring at me, asking to be taken out if the box, so I kindly did (so helpful!) :nod:

I am having a bit of technical difficulties, I wanted to post photos with the post, but I didn't want to wait with this post any longer. I hope I will be able to post photos and continue with this post tomorrow!

Thank you so much sivyaleah!!! :hyper:

Ps. The parcel was not sticky at all! ;)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not participating this year, but I gotta be in the chorus.

OPEN!

OPEN!!

OPEN!!!
I knew I could count on you for great advice!  
  I really want to open, but my new camera isn't here yet.  I am planning on wrapping and shipping soon.  The wrapping is the challenging part for me.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We;re.... STILL....  WAITING!!!!! Come on, throw us a bone here! Nursey, honey, if you need a camera I'll overnight mine to you. Just stop  the suspense!  (You are both just evil 
)
I'm sorry.  I really am behaving outside of the Darksiders Code of Honor.  I did order another camera a few minutes ago.  It should be here by the 19th.  It could have been here sooner, but I went for the free shipping.  
  I never thought I would be the person standing in my own way.  I am ashamed.  

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teehee! At this rate, you're going to be the LAST of us to open 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I GOT MINE!!!!!! I don't know who I was kidding, I am totally not going to be a lightsider!!!!!!!! Going to open then post more pictures!!

(sensitive info obscured by a torn up JCP ad)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo!!    Finally someone with something to open 

l'm so looking forward to vicariously "helping" you with your gifts