2 week kitten not pooping pls help

Delinanavarro3112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a kitten that’s 2 weeks and she pooped when I got her which was 2 days ago and hasn’t pooped since :( Should I take her to the vet if it’s been over 48 hours

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you stimulated her? Very young kittens aren't able to go by themselves. What you can do is take some soft toilet paper and rub it against her rear. This should help her eliminate. I'm sure someone far more experienced with young kittens than I can give you better advice. If you are stimulating her and she still isn't going, I would recommend a trip to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Delinanavarro3112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you stimulated her? Very young kittens aren't able to go by themselves. What you can do is take some soft toilet paper and rub it against her rear. This should help her eliminate. I'm sure someone far more experienced with young kittens than I can give you better advice. If you are stimulating her and she still isn't going, I would recommend a trip to the vet.
Yea I have stimulated her and she only pees and the vets are completely booked :( but thank you for the advice!

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In that case, I might run her to an emergency vet if you have one nearby as this could be serious. Kitten Lady has an article on constipation in kittens that might be a good read, but she definitely recommends the vet at this point. Hope your little one recovers ok.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Hand Rearing Kittens: What You Need To Know To Save A Newborn’s Life – TheCatSite Articles
Caring for Neonatal Kittens

Welcome to The Cat Site. If this kitten is only 2 weeks old, she needs to be hand raised. If you are not sure how to do that, the articles above may help. At this age, survival is precarious, especially for an abandoned kitten. Are there any rescues which might help you or give you advice? She does need to see a vet for a number of reasons.

Kitten Lady

Here is the Kitten Lady's site which should be of help as well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is your kitten getting enough formula? How much does she weigh? How much and how often do you feed her? Which brand formula do you use?

You can add 2-3 drops of olive oil to each feeding. It softens poops and helps to keep things moving.

Kittens who switch from mom’s milk to formula frequently experience constipation initially.

Keep us posted!