2 uninvited indoor cats Living Home with me & Dad #furryCatMom/Lady

artisbaybay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I have two male 5month old tabby cats. I am interested in keeping them indoors however I do not have my own place and my dad isn't so happy about my guests. I use them as support animals. I do not have too many obligations during the day. I need someone to give me advice on what to do with them and if i can get into some type of routine with them they are nice and actively play fighting alot but I know that I keep them inside a playpen too often I want them to be happy and not run away... :)!! So with that said what are some things 1. i can do with them during the day, 2. as well as training advice, 3.behavior advice, 4. ANY OTHER HELPFUL TIPS

I have had them for only 1 month now and I believe they are just 5 months old.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If they aren’t jumping out of the playpen they will be soon. Is your dad willing to allow them to run free in the house. If not, can you keep them in your room? Young kittens have tons of energy and they really need to run and play.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First thing I would suggest, if they haven't been already, is taking them to a vet for a checkup, and getting their shots, dewormed, etc. and then getting them neutered. At 5 months, they could soon start spraying around your home soon. Getting them neutered before that starts, should prevent that from happening.

Since it's your Dad's place, you'll have to keep his wishes in mind. Hopefully he'll work with you to make the arrangements to keeping humans and felines all happy. Is there something in particular that he's not happy about in regards to the kittens?

Here's some TCS articles with more info that will hopefully be helpful. If you have any specific questions, let us know. Good luck. Enjoy your kittens, and take lots of pictures of them, as they'll be all grown up before you know it.

First-time Cat Owner's Guide | TheCatSite
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips | TheCatSite

How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door – TheCatSite Articles
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats) – TheCatSite Articles

How To Set Healthy Boundaries For Your Cat – TheCatSite Articles
How To Stop Your Cat From Scratching The Furniture – TheCatSite Articles
23 Proven Ways To Stop A Cat From Scratching Furniture – TheCatSite Articles
How To Keep Cats Off Counters And Tables – TheCatSite Articles

Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know | TheCatSite