2 pregnant female taken them on from mother in law ...

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have recently taken on 2 female cats both pregnant both had been to vets so I was sure what and how many we were in for now both girls have lived together most off there lives now one is alot further along and due anyway now where as the other going to be bit longer yet couple off weeks difference I would say .....

Question is I only have my room spare so they are both in together they meow for each other if separated will they be fine birthing in the same room or will we have fights or when each are birthing do I remove the other ....

Poor furbabies have not had the best start as mother in law not quite right in herself and once found out they were pregnant kicked them out took me couple of weeks to get hold off them but persistence paid off I just want to give them both the best care xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks hunni honestly they are so sweet natured one doesnt like belly being touch but one thats close to delivery very much likes good belly rub all kittens moving around nicely .... would separating them stress them out or will the cries for eachother eventually stop xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They sound very closely bonded and will most likely be a comfort to one another and help raise each other’s kittens. I would leave them together unless there is a pressing reason not to. We’ve had a few threads where sister cats share one big nest together! :)

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh this makes me feel more relaxed if she becomes annoyed with her present I will deffo remove her for a less stressful delivery on her part and put back in when she's delivered and settled in a spot with her babies ....

the girly thats close to delivery she rough on her 8th week we estimated as closely as we could along with ultrasound estimating gestation shes not as interested in her food just been little bits at a time she was eating massive amounts a day week or 2 ago is this a sign that something could be starting nipples are starting to fill and shes very restless not so much tonight we have turned our bedroom into cat land as I have kids and dog so they are separate from all the chaos they create

Is there any other symtoms I look for when labour may begin xx

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have recently taken on 2 female cats both pregnant both had been to vets so I was sure what and how many we were in for now both girls have lived together most off there lives now one is alot further along and due anyway now where as the other going to be bit longer yet couple off weeks difference I would say .....

Question is I only have my room spare so they are both in together they meow for each other if separated will they be fine birthing in the same room or will we have fights or when each are birthing do I remove the other ....

Poor furbabies have not had the best start as mother in law not quite right in herself and once found out they were pregnant kicked them out took me couple of weeks to get hold off them but persistence paid off I just want to give them both the best care xx
They will almost surely co-parent, or at the very least, held each other company.

DO prepare an extra nest elsewhere, so you have a plan B if need be, but plan A is to let them be together thoroughout.

An extra advantage with having them two cooperating is, unless the litters are very big, you will be less sensitive if one momma doesnt have milk, because you can always get help from the other.

With purebreds it may be touchy with having two purebreds share their litters, because a breeder wants to know exactly which kitten is which and whose.

But for caretaker or owner of moggies, their exact ancestry is less important, so its just to blend and let them co-parent if they wish..
And keeping an eye everyone does grow properly.... Dyeing their nails if necessary. :)

Sometimes it happens one of them takes over and dominates. If so, it may be best to separate.
But as yours ARE bonded and best friends, this scenario is less probable.

Most probable is they will co-parent.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I currently have 4 litters from moms that are all from the same litter to start with. They were supposed to have gone for surgery BUT things got closed and canceled and they all got PG. Three of them had their litters only days apart and the 4th several weeks after. So two of the moms had their litters in my entryway with all the rest of the cats, one in a box and the later one in a cat bed. The one in the box has not moved her kittens and just in the last few days the kittens have managed to start climbing out of the box. One of the first things they did was go and visit the other mom with her 3 week younger kittens. But her little kittens have also started wandering as the cat bed is much easier to get out of so I am now picking up little bodies and putting them back where they belong. The kittens don't appear to care and are all fine together and the moms are fine as long as nobody is squealing. The other 2 had their kittens in the house. One has moved hers 4 times and the other 3 times. They each have 6 so that is 12 kittens. One group is wandering out from under the sofa and in another room the other batch is wandering out from under a covered chair. Today the mom of the one group was investigating the kittens from the other group and just decided to take one for a visit. So there is she is plopping the kitten down in her group. The kitten looked a little confused so I borrowed it back to it's mom who didn't appear to notice it was gone anyway since there was no kitty alarm sounded. So from what I am seeing I would say you won't have a problem. Hopefully there will be some difference in the kittens so you can keep them straight. Both of the moms in the house have several tuxedos and I am trying to remember the differences. The one mom has 2 that are solid black so those are no problem. But then at the rate things are going I don't think it's going to make much difference because kittens are opportunists and as soon as they discover the other mom has milk also they will likely be swapping. I just don't understand how some people are saying they are so bored staying at home with nothing to do. I know, they need a few kittens to wrangle. Twenty is a good number, 22 even better.

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow thats alot off kittens but makes me less nervous about my 2 girls

Couple off questions about one thats due anyday now shes been going to litterbox quite regular like shes clearing out her system before they arrive is this normal ... ive read they can have diarrhoea before hand just wondering if this is a sign we have also its like clear drips coming from her nipples its not milky at all thanks to all off that have commented I will try and sort some other location just in case they don't wanna share x

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooo i will keep eye on her not the first time I've took in cat pregnant but they were different to them they were more willing to show me when it was time but these two are keeping me on my toes ...
As for peppa one thats not as far along I finally got to touch belly and can feel movement I don't know roughly they been moving as took along and gently coaching to be able to touch and she looking big now too she has only 3 babies vet confirmed this just wondering can they go early xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Early usually results in premature kittens who do not survive.

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay hunni I'm keep very close eye on both of them nothing yet vet said this week for one closest im uk so its just waiting and see how they go through I would add some pictures off my babies blu in first 2 and peppa in 3rd and both in 4th

Attachments

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey there blu is currently licking down below and meowing abit she not settled in one area she hasnt chosen any of the nesting boxes set out just laid in the middle off the floor she so big now she just looks uncomfortable do i just watch and wait x

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay hunni thank you xx