2 pregnant female taken them on from mother in law ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing yet sorry for delay in replies..... i am bit concerned with the peppa black and white cat she twitches like when touched and even if not close to her just wondering if there maybe another issue as mother in law confirmed she did this all the time not just pregnancy surpirised she even paid attention

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for delayed replies my mum has been really poorly mama cat is doing great all boys in litter feeding well gaining weight very well

Attachments

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
all doing well .... i now have a question about the other cat she started panting quite abit she due any day now she is pacing and for the first time she let me stroke her belly she is lactating and was trying to feed other mamas kitten got int the same place to birth as blu. ive had to move other mama and kittens downstairs as seemed to be stressing her out but just wondering how long between panting and pacing also little gooey below xx

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you so much for your reply shes very restless cant seemed to find a comfortable spot bless her but she not fussed about belly rubs and kinda wantsd me around which is not so much like her likes her fuss but not loads but tonight cant get enough off it xx

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks hunni im waiting patiently shes relaxed i dont know whether to go bed or not i in uk it 12.30 am i have pet cam on her so keeping close eye xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like she’s in labor. It could be soon or a few more hours. Keep an eye on her tonight.

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I need some major advice so mama cat to be is feeding toileting cleaning them and mama cat moves out way and let's her do these to mamas are very closely bonded but I'm unsure now what to do cos mama to be stopped panting and has done nothing but cry for these babies yet shes not delivered her own x

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think hang in there with these two mama cats until she has her own, which hopefully enables each of them to then be normal mamas to their own babies - fingers crossed!

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its so hard to know what to do but there doesn't seem to be any fights they seem quite cosy just with one not delivering yet is it okay for the babies to nurse off her even though she hasn't had her own i use cimicat for extra nutrients and kitten food for these mamas ...

Attachments

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i throught the same hunni so I've done my best with separating for tonight and figure something out in morning xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens should nurse their own mom for her milk, and not take the colostrum from the mom-to-be that she will need for her newborns, but if she is totally miserable unless she is with her sister and her babies, then make a judgment call. Her own babies will be here soon enough, then the moms can nurse each other’s kittens to their hearts’ content as long as all babies are getting enough milk. :)

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ive tried everything to get them to separate tonight nothing has worked mama to be gets very stressed and other gets stressed without her i dont know what else i can do to get her to leav her babies alone xx

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have a cage that you could put one of the mamas into, or have one behind a baby gate or put up a temporary screendoor, in other words a situation where they can see each other but the kittens are only able to be with their rightful mama?

beckii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At the moment mama that due is in a large dog pet carrier thingy its massive I put litter tray and food init hun and left blanket half open so they can still see eacgother ive had no other choice but to intervene as one that due any day was overtaking and then mama in turn was staying away from them x