2 month old kitten with potential anal protrusion?

olsonem93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on this forum and I hope to receive some experienced cat owner insight! I grew up with cats but I have my first kitten that I'm raising and he's about 9 weeks old. A very energetic and playful kitten with a healthy appetite but ever since I've gotten him he's had a lot of GI issues which I know is semi-normal for a kitten. He was tested positive for tapeworms and coccidia but has been treated now and has also had to go to the emergency vet for an enema. I did another follow up after the emergency vet with my new vet office and they said he seemed okay now just monitor him. Then he got clogged up again so I brought him back to the vet and they told me to start giving him a small amount of Miralax in his food to help soften his stool. On the bright side his stool does seem to be better but he still struggles to go to the bathroom and now he is also just consistently runny from the butt. Throughout this time his butt has also been in various phases of swollen and I think now it's actually the worst I've seen it. He's very sensitive when anyone is near it and has a lot of pain whenever I have to clean his butt off (which is often). I've made an appointment with another vet for a second opinion this Saturday but I'm worried that I shouldn't wait that long. I've attached a picture for reference - he's very much protruding. I would love some advice. Thank you!

Attachments

catheetiem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you and your kitten are going through this! Admittedly I haven't dealt with anything like this, but his butt definitely looks scary to me, I don't think I'd wait until saturday, I'd see if you could get in sooner. Maybe see if the vet will accept pictures and ask them if they think his condition warrants an earlier appointment. Did his butt look anything like this the last time he was at the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

olsonem93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just sent them that picture not long ago so hopefully they respond soon! The last couple times it's been red and irritated but not like this :( I just know that he's been in pain and irritation for at least a month now - I just want to get him feeling better

catheetiem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just sent them that picture not long ago so hopefully they respond soon! The last couple times it's been red and irritated but not like this :( I just know that he's been in pain and irritation for at least a month now - I just want to get him feeling better
Fingers crossed for you, let us know how it goes! Poor guy, hope he's able to find some relief soon!