2 in 1 laptop (not chromebook)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone give me some guidance? I want to get one of these for my sister, but my head is about to explode with all the different options. I don't want to pay a lot of money for it, she will just use it for personal stuff, but I don't want junk either.

Does anybody have one? Know what might be a good brand around $500 or less? I almost bought a Dell for $159 (sale) but it sold out before I had the chance.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There used to be a lot of online computer places to buy stuff from. They have almost all gradually disappeared. I still have bookmarks for a lot of those. But through it all there are few that are still around and one of them expanded and came out in the top group. That is Newegg. They often have better deals than places like Amazon and Best Buy. I buy stuff from them all the time including the last several notebooks. They carry many brands so you can comparison shop and if you want to get budget things they often sell refurbished/recertifyed stuff. I have never gotten a defective refurbished item from them.
Anyway, set up an account and get on their email list. They send out email specials all the time.
If your looking for a specific brand name the last notebooks I have bought are made by Asus. I like their stuff.
You can get them from
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There used to be a lot of online computer places to buy stuff from. They have almost all gradually disappeared. I still have bookmarks for a lot of those. But through it all there are few that are still around and one of them expanded and came out in the top group. That is Newegg. They often have better deals than places like Amazon and Best Buy. I buy stuff from them all the time including the last several notebooks. They carry many brands so you can comparison shop and if you want to get budget things they often sell refurbished/recertifyed stuff. I have never gotten a defective refurbished item from them.
Anyway, set up an account and get on their email list. They send out email specials all the time.
If your looking for a specific brand name the last notebooks I have bought are made by Asus. I like their stuff.
You can get them from
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com
Thanks. I've seen the Newegg site, good to know they're reliable. I will look there.
What I really need help with is distinguishing between the companies/models. Most of them have very good and very bad reviews so it's hard to judge. I have an Lenova laptop that I like, but it's not 2 in 1.