2 feral cats with no home

emusic32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I recently rescued 2 feral cats, one male and one female. The male cat is not friendly but had kids (trapped earlier) that are extremely friendly. They lived in a location that is no longer available to them and can not be returned. Any suggestions on where they can go? Or fosters that would work with the cats to make them more receptive to people?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If they are at your house and are released outside, they won't know where they are and might try to find their old home despite distance. Do you have them inside? Even a small room like a bathroom is a good starter. Given that you posted in the SOS forum, you must be hoping for some help which is very understandable. Post where you are in case someone has a connection to a rescue. Google something like cat rescues my area and see what comes up. Do you think that the parents are strays and not ferals?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
These guys may be able to connect you with someone in your area:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emusic32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If they are at your house and are released outside, they won't know where they are and might try to find their old home despite distance. Do you have them inside? Even a small room like a bathroom is a good starter. Given that you posted in the SOS forum, you must be hoping for some help which is very understandable. Post where you are in case someone has a connection to a rescue. Google something like cat rescues my area and see what comes up. Do you think that the parents are strays and not ferals?
The cat is at a trapper's nicely redone heated garage. Unfortunately, the trapper does not want the angry cat anymore and wants the cat to move on. Im guessing he is too much to handle. As for contacting a rescue, I did speak to a rescue that I am connected with, but they could only offer sancuatrys in the area and on the east coast. Some of the sancuaries did not seem like a good option for any cat. If I had room at my house, I would take him in. But at this point though, I'm already overwhelmed.
As for status of the cats, I caught the father and a fairly young female that seems to only be scared. Both were fixed.