2 Cats Need A Home In Ohio

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my life my family has helped take in stray cats, foster orphaned kittens and I volunteer at a shelter with many cats. I never wanted it to come to a point where I would have to rehome one of my own cats, but in this case it is for the cats own good. We just moved into the suburbs, and in order to keep these two cats they would have to come inside at least some of the time. They are shy around children, our dogs, and do not like our other cats (who are coming with us on the move and doing well).

Scardy-Cat (named by a child. She responds to it) and Tabby are both spayed, microchipped, vaccinated, dewormed, treated for fleas/ticks and FIV/FeLV negative. They are a mother/daughter pair, but are not necessarily bonded, and in fact do not always get along, so they do not have to go together (though it would be nice if they could go, since they may comfort each other as a familiar face).
I love them, especially sweet, sweet Scardy-Cat. She has a beautiful purr.
We live in Marysville, Union County, Ohio and I know the chances are slim of finding someone on here, but I wanted to try every option.
For now they are barn cats, have been all their lives, but both have spent time indoors when sick or pregnant (both had litters before being spayed).

Scardy-Cat
(Named by a child. Responds to that name)
Female Patched tabby and white shorthair
Born in 2007
Spayed
Not declawed
Had one litter before being spayed
Microchiped and up-to-date on vaccines
FIV/FeLV/Heartworm tested (all neg)
Treated for fleas/ticks and worms
…..
Shy and jumpy, was bullied a lot by her brother and daughter and a number of strays that stopped in the neighborhood. Poor girl. Because of this, she may be shy around other cats that aren’t very friendly and gentle towards her. Does okay with calm dogs that don’t chase her. Does well with chickens and goats. Very friendly once you earn her trust. Has an amazing, beautiful purr and is gentle, sweet, and loves attention once she gets to know you.

Tabby
Female grey tabby shorthair
Born in 2008 (to Scardy-Cat)
Spayed (ear clipped)
Not declawed
Had two litters before being spayed
Microchiped and up-to-date on vaccines
FIV/FeLV/Heartworm tested (all neg)
Treated for fleas/ticks and worms
…..
When younger she allowed handling, petting and even spent a few months inside where she was trusting enough to give birth in front of us and nurse her kittens on our laps. For some reason she decided she didn’t want that anymore. Can be retamed with patience and a setting where she feels safe but can't hide. Shy and prefers not to be handled, touched, or approached.

Scardy-cat came as a stray/barn-cat from a farm with many other cats. We took her and her brother to our farm when they were kittens. However, before we got Scardy spayed, she managed to have a litter of kittens (first time cat owners tend to make the mistake of waiting too long). She raised two kittens, Pygmy (who has since passed away) and Tabby. Scardy-cat preferred to raise them outside, so after a couple weeks indoors, she set up a nest for them. We handled them daily and they grew healthy. However, the mistake was made again, and though Scardy was spayed, her daughter managed to sneak out two litter of kittens by refusing to be caught/handled unless she was pregnant. Thankfully, she too is now spayed.

Scardy’s brother (Tabby’s uncle and best friend) has recently passed away as well, so it is just the two girls. They don’t get along very well. When Tiger-tail (the uncle/brother) was around he favored Tabby and the two of them bullied Scardy-cat, especially when Tabby was pregnant. Now that Tiger is gone, Scardy cat and Tabby are about even, but they never groom or cuddle and they don’t like to be near one another.

Whenever Tabby was pregnant or nursing she became the sweetest cat in the world. She spent a few months inside both times and would snuggle up to you, get cuddles, and even nursed her kittens in my lap! She let us clean her kittens as they were born and handle them all the time. However, as soon as she was back outside she wouldn’t let you get near her.

Scardy has spent time inside as well but has always been very shy about it and hid. However, with a secure, quiet room and plenty of gentle persuasion and patience, she could become a wonderful cat for a quiet household. She is a senior, and I want her to live out her life in a warm, safe, loving place.

We are moving to a place without land and the indoor cats and dogs would not treat either Scardy (she responds to that name but it can be changed) or Tabby well. I want them both to have the best retirement home possible. A place where they get good food, warmth, safety, fresh water, and are adored.
I love these two cats so much. Please let anyone interested in adopting know about these two senior girls.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm guessing you've put the word out to all your friends, family, co-workers, etc. also.

Hoping you are able to find homes for this two furries :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While I can't assist with finding a home (too far away to do any good), should you find one out of town or out of state, I may be able to put you in touch with volunteer transporters who are reliable. Let me know if you need this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you both! I'll let you know if I need transport help.