2 Bald Spots On Heels

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my black cat, 9 months old, has a bald patch on each heel. He has had them for a few months... they probably started forming in late December or early January. Ive been ignoring it but now he has dandruff and is shedding A Lot (more than his littermate) so i got concerned, could it be fungus? Weird its on both heels in the same place.. havent seen any other bald patches and his brother doesnt have any. I attached some pics, it was hard to get a clear shot.. thanks!

Attachments

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... maybe he is shedding for the winter??? I would get it checked out just in case. My cat loses fur above her eyes when it's cold out.

Hayli

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would have it checked, given the other skin issues. Often, though, it is just pressure wear from sitting in a certain position,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would have it checked, given the other skin issues. Often, though, it is just pressure wear from sitting in a certain position,
hmm.. that's interesting, I was wondering if it could've been something like that since he does have a spot on both of his heels, not just one.. but yeah I should perhaps take him int. I wonder if i'm overreacting about the shedding or not, it just seems like Lots, like there's always a bunch of fur almost every time I pet him... thanks for your advice!

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... maybe he is shedding for the winter??? I would get it checked out just in case. My cat loses fur above her eyes when it's cold out.

Hayli
Wow, that's interesting! I wouldn't have thought about the cold making the hair fall out.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not to distract from the need for a vet visit, .
don't worry, I'll try and take him in soon anyway, I won't be able to stop being paranoid and thinking, "but what if it is something worse??" I will be happy though if that is all that is it :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOD YES, let us know! We fret. And so often, we advise someone, never to hear from them again.