2.5 week old kitten having accidents

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So another update with massively good news. Anuket is very much on the mend. She's gained back about 60% of the weight she'd lost and isn't stopping there. She's still nursing voraciously, and is starting to wrestle and tumble a bit with her brothers. The three of them will be 4 weeks old on Wednesday, so I'm expecting more kitten hijinks soon. It was pretty harrowing for a few days, but she is so, so much better than she was only a few days ago. I also gave her some pets about 20 minutes ago and she rewarded me with adorable little crackle-purrs. I'll continue to update on her and hopefully post some pictures or a video, but I think we've gotten past the absolute worst of it. Thank you everyone for your support!

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Anuket is almost back to her original weight. In case anyone is interested in the full timeline:
Last Monday she weighed 9oz/254g.
Last Tuesday she'd lost about 0.75oz/21g and wasn't nursing as much as she should have been.
By Wednesday, she'd lost another 0.75oz/19g. I took her down to the shelter that evening and she received fluids and I started giving her our kitten rescue mix to get her blood sugars back up. We struggled to get her to latch.
Thursday I took her back to the shelter and she now weight only 6.5oz/190g. She was given more fluids, some antibiotics, and Karo syrup. I continued giving her the kitten rescue, and gave her amoxicillin and probiotics. I gave her more fluids that evening. We tried to get her to latch again, but she wouldn't.
Friday she'd stopped losing weight. I continued anti/probiotics. She started nursing again (I cried).
Saturday was the same.
Sunday she started ticking back up a a bit and weighed in at about 7oz. I didn't weigh her in grams like I normally do.
Monday (yesterday) she continued gaining weight. She was about 8oz/226 grams the night before (I cried again), and about 8.5 that day.
Today she's back at 8.8oz/240g and very active. She's beginning to wrestle and is purring for us when we pet her. She'll be four weeks old tomorrow.
I'm going to continue the course of antibiotics for a couple more days just to be sure, but she's going to make it. I can't tell you all how relieved I am, and once again, I really appreciate everyone's support. I've added a picture of her sitting up like a big girl because she's so darn cute and pretty. Her brother Khepri's tail is also visible and he is also cute. If anyone wants, I can try to get a good FA3A34E3-AE9D-423B-8434-58C169D5BF44_1_105_c.jpeg photo of the entire litter.

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone's still interested, but Anuket and her brothers are now just over three months old. The two boys were neutered last week and Anuket and Mama Maat should be spayed within the next week or so, depending on when our foster coordinator can get an appointment for them. Sweet Anuket has completely recovered and looking at her now, you'd never know she was so sick in the first place. She's been playing and making friends with my own kitty and has even been venturing into the kitchen to say hi to the dogs. She's healthy, happy, and adorable. She is also magnificently floofy and soft.
6B3B4486-7C11-42C9-AEEE-42B7095ADDC7_1_105_c.jpeg
IMG_0562.jpeg

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I have a new update on little Anuket. She ended up making good friends with my own cat over the course of the past couple months and they are now completely inseparable. My cat Cassiopeia, who happens to be a foster fail from last year, had a sister who she was very close with. Unfortunately, Andromeda passed away during her spay, which was incredibly hard on both of us. While Cassie has been a very happy cat for the most part over the past year, I've been thinking for some time that she could really use a feline companion. Because she and Anuket get along so well, I've decided that splitting them up would be cruel. This means, of course, that I am adopting Anuket. I'm very much looking forward to what the future will bring with these beautiful girls.
2F3930CC-B9B6-42D8-84AF-A8C53BE1BBFB_1_105_c.jpeg

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww they're absolutely gorgeous. Nothing better than two cats cuddling 😍 So happy all three of you got a happy ending!