1yr old cat to be adopted

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will she let you brush her? I am not a big fan of seeing people cut a cat's hair, so that is probably influencing my recommendation to just leave her be for now and let her settle in. She's already had the groomer, and now she is going through a vet visit. Maybe she should be allowed to 'take a break' before you do any more to her, especially if she might be willing to let you brush her.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A certain amount of shedding is normal for any cat, long haired or short haired. Fear or anxiety can also cause hairs to shed more than usual. It should get a bit better as she adjusts to your home, and as you develop a regular grooming routine with her.

Focus on gaining her trust, and gradually helping her to enjoy being combed and brushed by you. If she resists brushing / combing, you could try various kinds of cat treats and see what kind she likes, and then encourage her with treats to tolerate a little combing or brushing every day. If you are patient and kind, she will learn that being groomed isn't a big deal and it can actually be pleasant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was only mildly vocal in the carrier.
Once at my place, she is very quiet.
Not even purring. She seems nervous or afraid because notice her eyes are dilated.
But she allows me to per and scratch her chin. Tried using the slicker brush but gets entangled. Her fur is shedding a great deal even after the grooming. They are done and silky. For now she is put up on my study room as that's where her litter is. She ignored the bed I got her and lay back on chair. Think she uses to sleeping on cage at higher level.
By the way the groomer she was a gem during nail cutting and grooming. Very tolerant.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like a nice place for her to sit, where she can see everything around her, and still feel protected under the yoga mat. It's pretty common for cats to ignore cat beds and find other places to sit.

If the slicker brush isn't working well on her coat, you could ask the groomer for suggestions. I personally like to use a metal "Greyhound" style comb, one end has widely spaced teeth, and the other end has narrower spaced teeth. You may have to experiment to find out what works best for your cat's coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Lutece.
Tried the greyhound comb and it's tugging the fur too much. So brought to the groomer again to get a short hair cut after a visit to vet. Had her vaccines done with booster scheduled next month. She started to drool when reached home so it could be stress or the vaccine? Tested negative for fiv/felv. Very small scar seen during hair cutting-> sterilisation maybe. Now she sleep like a baby but need me to keep stoking her forehead to sleep. If not she keep waking up. .I love this cat darling....

Attachments