19-20 Year Old Male Cats?

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here know of *male* cats that lived to 19 or 20?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W wombat - I have two boys - Lance and Peanut - who've been with me since the day of their birth, 21 years, 5 months ago. "Mister," was my longest-lived male, at just over 24 years. "Corduroy," is currently the oldest confirmed male cat, at twenty-six; four past long-lived males - Whiskey, Scooter, Spike and Henry, passed their thirtieth birthdays. I've never done a breakdown, but my males have probably averaged 17 to 18 years on average over the past sixty years.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Netmeg was a beautiful cat!

I never heard or read queens live longer than tomcats, but the last time I checked a tortoiseshell named Tiffany was the oldest cat alive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
W wombat - I have two boys - Lance and Peanut - who've been with me since the day of their birth, 21 years, 5 months ago. "Mister," was my longest-lived male, at just over 24 years. "Corduroy," is currently the oldest confirmed male cat, at twenty-six; four past long-lived males - Whiskey, Scooter, Spike and Henry, passed their thirtieth birthdays. I've never done a breakdown, but my males have probably averaged 17 to 18 years on average over the past sixty years.
Wow! That’s amazing! So good to hear the kitties lived a Long and healthy life! If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your secret? By the way, do you mean Mister was over 34 years, since Corduroy, the oldest current cat is 26?

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W wombat - No; Mister was 24 when he passed; Courduroy is the current record holder for males as far as I know.

I've owned my own business nearly all my Life, and have spent most of my time with my cats. They're reminded that they're safe and that they're Loved each and every day. Their veterinarian is a very close Friend, and sees them regularly (i.e. several dozen times annually - whenever he visits). They feed ad libitum on dry food, and eat very little of it. Canned food three times a day - nothing out of the ordinary - and fowl or game bird as a treat, along with commercial treats.

I make an effort to be sensitive to their wants and to attend their needs. I haven't spoken above a whisper in many years; I don't play the phonograph at anything but a very low volume, and as they're strictly indoor cats now, there's no need for many of the modern medical "intervention" to which so many cats are subjected.

In short, I do nothing out of the ordinary - unless one considers keeping every one of them in my daily Prayers 'out of the ordinary.'