17yo Diabetic Male Trouble Urinating

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, it's a Sunday, and I'm having a hard time getting him seen, and I guess basically I'm just freaking out and posting here because I can't do anything else for at least five hours. He's sleeping peacefully, but he's clearly distressed by not being able to urinate. I guess I don't even have a question, since it feels like I can't do anything. I have no idea. I'm just freaking out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just posting to send healing vibes your way.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Hopefully you'll be able to get someone to see him today. :redheartpump:
Please update us when you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just posting to send healing vibes your way.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Hopefully you'll be able to get someone to see him today. :redheartpump:
Please update us when you can.
I was so sleep deprived, that I didn't know I made this post until I got notifications for it lol. Wow. He peed hours later, so we're seeing the standard, non-emergency vet tomorrow unless something changes. It's amazing how much stress that is, seeing my baby boy in pain and not being able to do anything while EVERY VET in the tri-city area is at maximum occupancy. I will delete this post in a bit, just because I don't think there's anything prodiuctive about it. Just me freaking out and barely coherent. But it's always good to know someone is listening.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You can't really delete the post (unless you ask the mods to do so). And, that is OK. Once you let us all know there is a possible issue going on, we want to know about updates/changes.

Good to know you have been able to secure a vet appointment! You always have to be careful with any cat, but certainly with one of your guy's age. Everything little thing that goes on with Feeby (17+ yo, hyperthyroidic, CKD) freaks me out!!

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah, it's alright. It's not the worst freakout I've ever had lol. I love this little so-and-so to bits, even if it makes me undignified at times.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy to see that he peed, and that you'll be able to get him checked out by his regular vet. And no worries about the sleep-deprived post, or "freaking out and barely coherent", as sometimes we cat parents need somewhere like TCS where others will understand what we're going through. 🤗 Is that orange cutie pie in your avatar pic your boy?

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy to see that he peed, and that you'll be able to get him checked out by his regular vet. And no worries about the sleep-deprived post, or "freaking out and barely coherent", as sometimes we cat parents need somewhere like TCS where others will understand what we're going through. 🤗 Is that orange cutie pie in your avatar pic your boy?
Yeah! I collect orange cats like coffee cups. And he is also perfectly fine now btw. Turns out, urine crystals are an expected side effect of his medication, so we're just gonna keep an eye on it. And as a bonus, I found out his blood pressure is normal after being high before he started his meds. So, good all around.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, before I got to this last post, I was thinking crystals and was afraid he was blocked. Any diabetic needs lots of water, so try adding some to his food to make sure he gets enough. Mingo had crystals, and paws crossed, he hasn't had a reoccurrence since with the added water.

Come here and post whenever you freak out. We'll listen.