16 Month Old Male Kitten Randomly Whining Through Night???

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
male cat zeus is a little on the fatter side. he eats alot and we separate him so he wont eat his brothers/sisters meals. lately hes been sneezing when sleeping and whines throughout the nIght. Any answers?

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello.
Sneezing while sleeping could possibly just be your kitty dreaming. Sneezing is normal but keep an eye out for excessive sneezing, common causes of sneezing is associated with a respiratory infection, most often a viral infection. Likely infectious diseases include:

• Herpes virus
  • Calicivirus
  • Chlamydia infections
  • Bacterial infections such as Mycoplasma
Regarding the meowing and whining, the kitty probably just wants attention or has run out of water/is hungry. The kitty could of also seen something, like a cockroach or another cat outside.

I would visit a veterinary professional to rule out any medical reasons that could be behind a cat meowing at night. As cats age, they’re prone to developing thyroid or kidney diseases, which might result in lots of meowing. Your cat is relatively young and while these are uncommon, it is possible younger cats can get this.

On occasion a noxious smell or chemical fumes associated with various solvents can produce inflammation of the membranes of the nose and sinuses. Sneezing is the body’s way of ridding itself of that irritation. Some cats can also be sensitive to inhaled tobacco smoke, perfumes and various chemicals.

Please let us know if you find out anything bad and keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello.
Sneezing while sleeping could possibly just be your kitty dreaming. Sneezing is normal but keep an eye out for excessive sneezing, common causes of sneezing is associated with a respiratory infection, most often a viral infection. Likely infectious diseases include:

• Herpes virus
  • Calicivirus
  • Chlamydia infections
  • Bacterial infections such as Mycoplasma
Regarding the meowing and whining, the kitty probably just wants attention or has run out of water/is hungry. The kitty could of also seen something, like a cockroach or another cat outside.

I would visit a veterinary professional to rule out any medical reasons that could be behind a cat meowing at night. As cats age, they’re prone to developing thyroid or kidney diseases, which might result in lots of meowing. Your cat is relatively young and while these are uncommon, it is possible younger cats can get this.

On occasion a noxious smell or chemical fumes associated with various solvents can produce inflammation of the membranes of the nose and sinuses. Sneezing is the body’s way of ridding itself of that irritation. Some cats can also be sensitive to inhaled tobacco smoke, perfumes and various chemicals.

Please let us know if you find out anything bad and keep us posted!
he is a bit chubby but not overweight. i will try to get a video of the next time he does it. he isnt neutered should i go do that? money is tight for me and if he does have any of those 4 you mentioned above which i think is unlikely, would they go away on their own?

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
he is a bit chubby but not overweight. i will try to get a video of the next time he does it. he isnt neutered should i go do that? money is tight for me and if he does have any of those 4 you mentioned above which i think is unlikely, would they go away on their own?
No, I do not believe that anything that I listed will go away on its own. You should DEFINITELY neuter him if you can. Here are a few links that could help you with some knowledge.

How Much Does It Cost To Get A Cat Fixed

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I do not believe that anything that I listed will go away on its own. You should DEFINITELY neuter him if you can. Here are a few links that could help you with some knowledge.

How Much Does It Cost To Get A Cat Fixed

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
yeah i will neuter him as soon as possible. i spayed all the females about a year ago so they cant reproduce. another question would neutering him while he has any of those you mentioned above be bad for him?

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah i will neuter him as soon as possible. i spayed all the females about a year ago so they cant reproduce. another question would neutering him while he has any of those you mentioned above be bad for him?

I do not believe so, although I would ask the vet.