15 year old girl needs to gain weight - help

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Try using plain baby food meats to mix with the chews. Feeby was eating her Glyco Flex chews (for arthritis) and then all of sudden she stopped. I crush the chews up and then mix it with baby food meat. She now waits for it to be served to her that way - I mean, literally waits! You could also probably do the same thing with the standard tablets, as long as they can be crushed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Try using plain baby food meats to mix with the chews. Feeby was eating her Glyco Flex chews (for arthritis) and then all of sudden she stopped. I crush the chews up and then mix it with baby food meat. She now waits for it to be served to her that way - I mean, literally waits! You could also probably do the same thing with the standard tablets, as long as they can be crushed.
She was begging for the original chews! I don't think she would eat baby food. A few years ago I tried to give my former male baby food meats when he was declining due to ckd (and probably cancer) and not eating. He wouldn't eat it and neither would she or the other male. The only other thing I can think of is, possibly crush it up and put it her wet food, but I'd have to lock her away from the boys until she's finished eating. Knowing her, she'd probably just eat around the medicine though.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
You can also crush them up and mix them with some human canned tuna or chicken water - just enough for her to lap it up. Then, give her a piece of the tuna or chicken as a treat. I have also successfully done that with some of Feeby's meds in the past. Just another thought...

Furballsmom

Cat Fan especially Black Cats
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Try canned chicken in water, or Buddig meats - anything, or a different flavor of the baby food than what you used before.