14 year old cat

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows what i should do as my 14 year old male cat has not pooped in 2 days. He eats good and drinks lots of water and pee is good.

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Have you checked around the house to see if there’s poop somewhere else other than the litter box? I have a cat who has some pooping issues and my vet recommended Laxatone or Restoralax. These are human medications but safe to use on cats and I mix it in his food. Maybe you can try that and if it doesn’t help I would say a trip the vet may be needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Have you checked around the house to see if there’s poop somewhere else other than the litter box? I have a cat who has some pooping issues and my vet recommended Laxatone or Restoralax. These are human medications but safe to use on cats and I mix it in his food. Maybe you can try that and if it doesn’t help I would say a trip the vet may be needed.
Hi, Thank you for the reply. We let him out in our back yard once a day and i usually watch him but sometimes he does go out for a few minuets by himself, he has in the past pooped back there and i do know he has peed back there too. The last time he has pooped was wed. and he usually goes once a day. He may have gone and did it in the back but i am not positive. I will keep an eye on him today and follow him around. Thanks for the info.on the laxatone and restoralax

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You’re very welcome! I hope you find some poop soon!

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You’re very welcome! I hope you find some poop soon!
Well, i did not want to take a chance on this cat hes 14 and i just lost one not long ago,so i took him to the vet got x rays electrolyte's and some meds hopefully this works or i will need to bring him back on monday,they also did bloodwork to check his kidneys and such, will see...

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s great, I’m glad you took him to the vet! I really hope he’s ok!

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s great, I’m glad you took him to the vet! I really hope he’s ok!
Thank you.hes my buddy and makes my days happy as i have my own health issues,,,thanks i will let you all know how it turns out hopefully good!