Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

14 year old Cat Health help

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by rebeccalynn, Aug 6, 2015.

1. rebeccalynn

rebeccalynn Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Apr 24, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Okay that's what I was thinking. Thank you so much for all your help.

2. rebeccalynn

Apr 24, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I can't seem to find how many calories her wet food has.  Can someone help me? There website is starting to discourage me. I've been looking for it since yesterday...

3. NewYork1303

NewYork1303 TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 9, 2015
    Washington State
    LTS3 gave you some good resource sites. I found the fancy feast in the first one at least.

4. mrsgreenjeens

mrsgreenjeens Every Life Should Have Nine Cats Staff Member Advisor

Aug 13, 2009
    Arizona

5. rebeccalynn

Apr 24, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I wanted to take a quick second to thank everyone who helped and guided me with my overweight girl.  I started giving half a can in the morning and half at night along with a half cup of weight management food "free" fed through out the day. Along with making her run across the house. And I'm glad to say that although not much my girl has lost weight.  She started her diet weighing 24.4 pounds and now weighs in at 23.4 [​IMG]  

6. mrsgreenjeens

mrsgreenjeens Every Life Should Have Nine Cats Staff Member Advisor

Aug 13, 2009
    Arizona
    So she's lost 1 pound in 4 weeks.  That's not too bad, really.  She could lose a little bit faster (I think, if I've calculated correctly, but I'm terrible with  numbers [​IMG])  Still, better to lose slower than too fast. 

Good job [​IMG]   Now just keep it up.  You'll start to notice her getting more active as she loses, or at least you should [​IMG]

7. rebeccalynn

Apr 24, 2014
    Massachusetts
    She's been cheating on her diet so I'm sure she can be losing fasther than she is haha. Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice. Finally getting my girl back to healthy 😸

8. lisahe

lisahe TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 23, 2014
    Maine
    Oooh, those cats! [​IMG] How great, though, that she's losing... that's the main thing.