13 week old kittens

Nikkigirl56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone!

So my cute little munchkins are 13 year old kittens from the same litter. They are amazing and have saved me more than I have saved them. I recently lost my dog, my soul mate and I needed a fur baby in my life but couldn't bring myself to get a puppy as I felt like I would be " replacing" her. So I am a first time car mama.

I had them on Royal Canin wet kitten food for the first 5 weeks I had them. They loved it and it was great healthy food for them. All of a sudden they stopped eating it. They now hate anything pate, I have tried everything! Soulstic, tiki cat, bff, science diet,etc. I have tried all different textures also. The only thing they will eat is the friskies shredded food. I was trying to get them away from it so I got wellness shredded pouches. It looks just like friskies but much healthier alternative. They wouldn't eat it!!!! Help! What do I do lol. Thank you for any insight!!! Leo and Nalla's mommy.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nikkigirl56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know how to edit my original post lol they are 13 weeks old, not year.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal canin and science diet are not a good brand unless they have a medical condition depending on what it is. My cat has lost interest in all food except weruva chicken Frick a zee. She gobbles it up. It may because it has broth so it smells yummy. Very high in moisture and protein. Warming it up helps but she doesn't like it sloppy so heat water in a cup,empty it,add food. Another brand she likes is fancy feasts classics turkey&giblets,nutro perfect portions,and sheba roasted turkey or chicken. Only mornings her food has to smell appetizing. Stella&chewy freeze dried treats and farmina are popular with her too
I fed my cats wellness core chicken turke & chicken liver. More expensive now

Catfooddb.com for more info

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I also have a very picky cat, so I know the pain you are going through. Really, the only thing you can do is continue trying different foods for them, and maybe you will come upon foods they will like other than the Friskies. But at least you have something. I have to hand feed one of my guys, and that's pretty much been my life for the last several years! Consider yourself lucky. ( I keep telling him it's a good thing he's cute or else he'd be in big trouble :lol: :lol:)

Did they BOTH reject everything, or just one. You CAN feed them different foods. I do. One of mine eats raw, and the other...well, as mentioned, he eats whatever I can get him to eat, but I'm not going to hand feed him chunks of raw meat, liver and bones. That's going too far .

Have you tried mixing in a little bit of a "better" food into the Friskies to see if they'll eat it? If they well, then you can gradually increase the amount of the better food and decrease the Friskies until it's mainly the good stuff. Or food combinations. It's good to rotate foods anyway so they don't get in a rut. And you can also use toppers, which can be crushed treats, crushed kibble, bonita flakes, etc. I use them on every meal for the hand fed guy, also start out the meal with a treat to get his juices flowing. Sometimes that actually works for at least a couple of licks at the bowl.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
N Nikkigirl56
Hi,
Cute photo🙂
Try not to offer too many new foods at once. You may need to offer a new food a few times before it is eaten. Maybe try also Wellness Core shreds In the can. I think the pouches are more chunks at least the ones I have seen. They also have chunks in cans so make sure the can says shredded.