11yr cat only wants Fancy Feast Grilled

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok...Im BACK....My 11 yr old Snowball...is like he only wants FF GRILLED CHICKEN ..Ive tried expensive brands to ones in between...He turns his nose up..I have to donate or return them...I want him to eat healthier...Cause ive learned alot on TCS about ingredients in cat food..and I know FF may NOT be healthy...Its NOT PATE..he WONT eat PATE...What shall I do???Keep feeding him the one above that hes eating n be grateful...hes eating n eating wet???Or Should I keep trying to get him off it..Yes ive tried rotation..it didnt work out well with him.
.Could it be..hes set in his senior ways..Im just worried...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wouldn't worry about it. More expensive doesn't necessarily mean more healthy. My late cat, Willie, lived to be 17 on a diet that wasn't high-end. My parents' cats have had an even lower quality diet and are 11 and 16. As long as Snowball isn't eating too much and becoming overweight, I think he'll be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you try mixing the FF with another brand, so that he is not only eating just FF? Feeby is eating FF (pates only), but I mix it with other food and that seems to keep her eating the other brands I feed her.
I tried mixing it...and he threw up

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think Fancy Feast is a good brand. “Premium” brands are nice and all, but, if a cat won’t eat it or gets sick from it, then it’s obviously not worth it. So, unless your vet says that he should eat something other than Fancy Feast for whatever reason, then I think it makes sense to stick with the food that he likes.