Cat neutering

Rex12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning, my cat is now 11 days post op from being neutered. She is quite a chubby girl I’ve spoken to the vet numerous of times and updates them with photos which they said it is healing perfectly fine. This morning when I come in from work her and checked her wound the bottom of it looks a little bit open and red to me it looks a little bit inflamed / or infected and the rest is all healed from what I can tell. The vets are closed till tomorrow any advice of what to do would be appreciated

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's hard to tell as we don't know what it looked like before, in terms of inflammation.
Can she reach it?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she eating/drinking/using the litter box OK? It does look a little infected on the bottom. If she is acting OK, I would wait until tomorrow and send that picture to them again to see what they say. Sometimes they can get swelling, and the wound may open a bit and they still heal fine, but I would want them to see that first. I don't like that swelling in one place. You could put a human antibiotic salve on it, just make sure it doesn't have any pain killers like the new ones have. Or get a cat wound spray at your local farm supply store like Tractor Supply and spray it on a rag to apply it. Cats hate the spraying sound. Get a liquid antibiotic if they prescribe one, and mix it in a small amount of lickable treat or tuna juice, it is much easier to give that way. my cats LOVE Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. I wish her the best!

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The swelling is a minor reaction to her internal sutures as they dissolve. The incision looks fine. Don't let her lick at it a lot, some is ok. Don't use peroxide or soap on the wound as it will inhibit healing.