10 Yr. Old Family Cat Is Vomiting And Pooping Every Where .

Diana ( Tiger's Mommy)

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 10 yr old male tabby cat is sick. He was fine last night and now he has been throwing up partially digested food and something that looks like foam . He is also pooping all over the house it's not diarrhea but it is longer than normal . He won't even try to use his litter box even if he is in front of it. I was in the process of changing his food to a healthier brand . Someone please help I unfortunately am not able to take my baby Tiger to the vet I lost my job. I am so scared to lose him I've had my Tiger since he was 6 wks old. He is like one of my children. Help

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear that your Tiger is so sick.:hugs:

He does need to go to the vet right away but I definitely understand the financial issues. If you are in the U.S., consider taking Tiger to VCA, which offers a free first office visit. Here is their website to find a location near you: Veterinarians & Emergency Vets | VCA Animal Hospitals Here is the link to the application for the free first office visit: Free Pet Exam Even if you can't afford the tests he may need, you should at least be able to get an educated guess as to what's going on and some suggestions for treatment.

Although it's possible that this is just a bad reaction to his new food, the symptoms also sound like those that occur when a cat has eaten something that he shouldn't have. Look very carefully around your home to see if there is anything missing or damaged. Look especially for any signs that Tiger has gotten into anything toxic, such as a cleaner or pesticide. If you do find something, call the ASPCA Poison Control Center - (888) 426-4435 - at once.

I think it's interesting that he's pooping all around the house and that the appearance of his poop has changed. This will sound gross, but I'd recommend you carefully examine his next poop for things that don't belong there. I'd look especially for strings. Look at his anus for foreign objects but don't pull on strings because they might be entangled around his intestines.

Best of luck getting Tiger to a vet and it being just a very minor problem. :crossfingers::vibes::crossfingers::vibes::crossfingers: Please let us know how the little guy is doing.