10 week old kitten .. food rotation?

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I have been reading a lot about kittens and some people say to rotate your cats food when they are young so they do not become allergic to one specific protein, do you think this is a good idea, I know food change can be stressful on cats?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi guys, I have been reading a lot about kittens and some people say to rotate your cats food when they are young so they do not become allergic to one specific protein, do you think this is a good idea, I know food change can be stressful on cats?
Yes, some do rotate foods for their kitties and some kitties are not so sold on that idea but if your kitty is still young and just moved on to wet food, it's good to try different food for them so that if one is out of stock or if they are allergic to certain types of food due to their digestive systems, they can easily accept other brands and texture of food.

I don't think that it'll be stressful to them but you just have to standby a few types just in case your kitty turn his nose up on certain food. Just go slow on the transition so that the digestive system will get use to the change else each time you feed a different type or brand of food, it may give your kitty the runs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom! I don't know if you have read my other post but do you think purnia one is a good base line food for my kitten? Thanks for your help!