1 year on

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry you only had Casey for two years, they really can be soulmates.

It's now been thirteen months since we lost him. I honestly still can't believe he's gone; he was so full of life and love, yet he's no longer here.

I think about him every hour of the day, because he was my best friend, and I always looked forward to seeing him at the end of the day.

I hate my job, it's horribly stressful, but I did it knowing that it enabled me to give him the best of everything. I used to look forward to seeing him every day after work.

I miss him so much, every day.

His ashes are in our bedroom, so he's always with us. I just miss him so much. We have two other cats, but I don't have that special bond that I had with Sammy.

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
K KK300 I'm so sorry you are still hurting. I just passed the one month mark that Casey's been gone, and in some ways it feels like it's been much longer than that, and in some ways like she was just here yesterday. It will just hit me out of the blue, and I'll get a picture in my head of the day she passed, and it just kills me. But I am able to remember the good times more and more. I ordered some photos (real photos!) of her to put together a photo album and put a couple in frames. I think commemorating them or celebrating their lives in some way, like the memorial service you had for Sammy, is the best way to honor them.

I can so relate to what you said about working so your cat can have the best of everything! :lol: I really like my job for the most part, but I'm spending way too much on new toys and "cat stuff" for my new kitten.

You will know when/if it is time to adopt a new kitten. And I'm sure Sammy would be happy for you and not see it at a betrayal at all. But don't feel pressured to do anything that doesn't feel right yet. Only you know what you need. Hugs. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
K KK300 I'm so sorry you are still hurting. I just passed the one month mark that Casey's been gone, and in some ways it feels like it's been much longer than that, and in some ways like she was just here yesterday. It will just hit me out of the blue, and I'll get a picture in my head of the day she passed, and it just kills me. But I am able to remember the good times more and more. I ordered some photos (real photos!) of her to put together a photo album and put a couple in frames. I think commemorating them or celebrating their lives in some way, like the memorial service you had for Sammy, is the best way to honor them.

I can so relate to what you said about working so your cat can have the best of everything! :lol: I really like my job for the most part, but I'm spending way too much on new toys and "cat stuff" for my new kitten.

You will know when/if it is time to adopt a new kitten. And I'm sure Sammy would be happy for you and not see it at a betrayal at all. But don't feel pressured to do anything that doesn't feel right yet. Only you know what you need. Hugs. :rbheart:
Thank you for replying at a time when your own loss is so new.
I have put together a memory box, with his collar, favourite toy, paw prints etc.
It still hurts so much.

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! You are welcome! I've saved some of Casey's favorite things like that too. Her catnip filled banana and fish that were her favorite toys by far. Her eating dish. Paw prints from the vet. I used some of her things for the new baby, but those precious ones, no, those will always be HERS.