1 blue point siamese and 1 red point siamese mix?

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What beautiful kitties you have. I think that they are a mix of both red and blue points. They are absolutely gorgeous. Welcome to this wonderful site, you will get great advice, and have terrific people to meet, and lots of precious kitties. Please post more pics of these darling babies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your darker kitty one of the babies or the mama cat in the first pic? If those are her kittens (and not fosters), the mama cat must be a tortie point, even though I don't see any red on her. But if she had a red kitten she has to be tortie :dk:. And the daddy cat had to be not pointed because 2 pointed cats can only have pointed kittens.

Anyway, yes, I would say blue point and red point. . .unless the "blue point" is the mama cat, then she would have to be tortie point. . .somewhere on her body, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

river atterson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the blue is the mama cat.... she doesn't have anything tortie on her.... the daddy cat was a red mix (?) and looked like a lot like my boy in the pics up there but he had a little more orange to him.  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There must have been 2 daddies. . .2 pointed cats can't have non-pointed kittens. And she has to be a hidden tortie to have a red kitten (boys get their color from their mom, girls get one color gene from each parent, either way a mama cat has to have red on her to have a red kitten). Sometimes you can't see the red on the mama cat but she can still pass it on. Genetics can come out pretty weird but those are pretty solid cat genetic rules!

They're lovely kitties!

Last edited:

river atterson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There wasn't two dads. This was only male cat I had at the time and she is a strictly indoor kitty. 

river atterson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was more surprised she had a black kitten. 

river atterson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought the orange kitten came from the dad since he has orange on him. When I got him he was almost all white and as he got older his legs, ears, face and even down his spine turned orange. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, boys only get a color gene from the mama, and girls get one from each parent (in cats, color is linked to the x chromosome). That's why girls can be torties---dark gene from one parent, red gene from the other. It's more odd that she could have non-pointed kittens. . .I don't know of the complexities of passing that on, but I thought it was a simple recessive, and 2 recessives can't make a dominant. So I just don't know! :dk: :lol3:

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Genes in cats are crazy, I recently read a study where it's far more complex than just the two parents and they get genes all the way back from great-great grandparents! For awhile in Himalayan lines a random non pointed kitten would show up from two pointed parents, which was deemed impossible. But here it was, and the reason being that Himalayans started out as Siamese mixed with Persians, and then back to Persians. Since originally Persians were not pointed, they used soild coated cats and thus the random solid colored baby was explained. Genes are bizarre and it takes just two pairs of recessive to make something new [emoji]128522[/emoji]